Linamar has deep roots in our community. We believe that it is our responsibility to use our platform and position to affect real, positive, tangible change in the lives of people we directly impact. We live by our core values, with our work ethic and care driving our community involvement. Each year, many of our global employees organize their own volunteer days for numerous causes with their respective communities. Some examples include:
- Skyjack’s partnership with Habitat for Humanity for the construction of housing for low-income and in-need residents
- McLaren Engineering employees support the ‘Diapers for the D.’ A Detroit-based charity that organizes diaper drives for in-need families.
- Guelph Wish Fund annual campaign, a charity that supports children facing medical challenges.
- The annual United Way Campaign, where each facility creates its own campaign program to find unique and creative ways to raise funding for the United Way. In the past 4 years, Linamar has been responsible for more than $3.0M (CAD) of direct funding raised for the local chapter of the United Way Guelph and the programs they administer for youth, basic housing, food and income needs, mental health support and programs for seniors.
- Linamar for the Performing Arts – this is a program with the Guelph River Run Centre for the Performing Arts to allow elementary school kids in the area to attend performances at the River Run Centre. This program is dedicated to building wisdom and understanding of life’s broadness and diversity through exposure to the performing arts. Every year, the program gives two opportunities for the River Run Centre to welcome students to experience professional performances of music, dance, theatre and more. Linamar is the primary sponsor of this program.
- Linamar is a premium sponsor for Skills Ontario in its mission to expose Ontario’s youth to the technological and employability skills that are necessary to make them valuable members of the skilled trade workforce. In addition to Premium Sponsorship, we host an annual young women’s career exploration event that provides participants with the opportunity to integrate experiential workshops and network with mentors.
- The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) – One of Canada’s largest co-curricular educators, the ROM offers a diverse School Visits program that connects students to authentic natural specimens, cultural objects, and art to help students better understand and make sense of the people and world around them. Through guided tours, hands-on labs, virtual visits, special exhibition programs, and self-guided visits, our experienced teachers use learner-centred and inquiry-based teaching methods to engage students with the ROM’s world-class collection. Linamar provides support to allow students from the local school board to attend the ROM.